ZORVOLEX gives patients with mild to moderate acute pain or osteoarthritis pain a low-dose NSAID treatment option
To find out about nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)—and to learn how SoluMatrix® Fine Particle Technology® created a low-dose NSAID treatment option for managing mild to moderate acute pain or osteoarthritis pain—click these links:
ZORVOLEX: The lowest FDA-approved dose of diclofenac available
ZORVOLEX is the first low-dose SoluMatrix® diclofenac for mild to moderate acute pain or osteoarthritis pain approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
ZORVOLEX: A low-dose SoluMatrix® NSAID for management of mild to moderate acute pain or osteoarthritis pain
ZORVOLEX was created with appropriate patients in mind:
- ZORVOLEX is the first low-dose SoluMatrix® diclofenac.
- Diclofenac is a commonly used NSAID for mild to moderate acute pain or osteoarthritis pain.
- Low-dose SoluMatrix® NSAIDs were developed to align with recommendations from FDA, medical organizations, and advocacy groups: Use the lowest NSAID dose possible for the shortest time needed for your treatment.
ZORVOLEX is FDA approved at low
ZORVOLEX is FDA approved for management of osteoarthritis pain at a dose of 35 mg 3 times daily.
In addition to being the first low-dose SoluMatrix® diclofenac available, clinical studies demonstrated that ZORVOLEX:
- Effectively managed mild to moderate acute pain or osteoarthritis pain at low doses.
ZORVOLEX was developed using SoluMatrix® Fine Particle Technology®, a proprietary technology used to create NSAID drug particles that are approximately 10 to 20 times smaller than their original size.
Original NSAID particle size
SoluMatrix® NSAID particle size
See how SoluMatrix® Fine Particle Technology® reduces the size of drug particles!
ZORVOLEX matters because:
Many patients treated for mild to moderate acute pain or osteoarthritis pain are treated with an NSAID.
Diclofenac is a trusted NSAID physicians commonly use to help patients with acute pain or osteoarthritis pain.
While NSAIDs including diclofenac can help manage pain and reduce inflammation, studies have shown they can potentially lead to certain serious side effects involving the heart, stomach, and kidneys.
The risk of certain serious side effects increases with increasing doses and longer use of NSAIDs.
FDA recommends that NSAIDs be used:
- Exactly as your doctor prescribes them.
- At the lowest dose possible for your treatment.
- For the shortest time needed.
ZORVOLEX (18 mg) provides the lowest available dose of diclofenac.